Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Homeschooling Workshop to Be Held April 17th!

Watch your mailboxes for invites to the Homeschooling Workshop to be held on Tuesday, April 17th! Here is another response I received from the questions I asked on Nic Bits. If you plan on attending the workshop, I encourage you to provide some feedback on this to me or on the blog. Thanks!

Being a "retired" homeschooler myself, I tend to be a little more interested in homeschoolers. I was petrified when my husband and I decided to homeschool. What calmed my fears was the amount of guidance provided by books and experiences from other seasoned homeschoolers. Perhaps allowing library space for parents to meet would encourage novice homeschoolers. I feel most homeschoolers are very dedicated to providing the best education for their children. Some of the most negative reactions come from "educated" people who can't believe that "just parents" can homeschool. My experience with homeschooling spurred me to go back to college and finish my education. While I didn't homeschool my children beyond sixth grade, I felt I met the needs and strengths and weaknesses of my children better than a teacher with 30 students could.

No comments: